Robbers’ gang busted, 6 arrested
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Police on Thursday arrested six members of a gang involved in various incidents of robbery, chain snatching and other theft cases.
The robbers had looted Rs 3 lakh from the cashier of Dewan Gas Company on February 25, 2013 and had even injured him in Deep Nagar area.
Apart from this, they had looted Rs 1.9 lakh in another incident in the jurisdiction of division number 3 area.
They were involved in chain- and purse-snatching incidents in division number 7 area as well. ADCP Nilambari Jagdale said they were arrested from Jassian chowk.
One of the accused is Rahul Kanojia, resident of Chander Nagar. Rs 28,500 in cash was found from his house.
The other accused are Ankit Chopra, Sunny Dhir, Sunny Kumar, Raj Kumar and Shami Kumar. Motorcycles — Splendor, Discover, Activa — and laptops were found from the houses of other accused.
Police will be producing the accused in court on Friday.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet