Robbers lynched by locals in Sambhal
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Three robbers were lynched by locals after they fired at the villagers leaving one injured in Bahjoi police station area of Sambhal district on Thursday. The robbers had criminal cases pending against them.
Bareilly zone IG Devendra Singh Chauhan said that a gang of robbers were engaged in road hold-ups near river Sot on Moradabad Road late evening Wednesday. They robbed about a dozen passers-by and later hid in a sugarcane field when the locals at nearby Gairai village gathered at the place after knowing about the gang. The robbers remained in hiding in the field entire night surrounded by the locals.
Chauhan said that the robbers fired at the villagers around 8 am in an attempt to escape from the place and the bullet hit a youth, Rajesh Gupta alias Bobby. Angry over the shootout, the mob of locals entered into the field and caught the robbers.
The people lynched the trio by the time the police reached the spot, the IG added. The robbers were later identified as Dheer Singh alias Dheera, Nirdosh Singh and Arvind Singh alias Bhola, all natives of Chandausi area of Sambhal district.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held