Robbers strike at Ambala bank, take away Rs 6 lakh
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
Armed with sharp-edged weapons, a gang of six-seven youths robbed Indusind Land Marketing and Finance Services Private Ltd, Machhi Mohalla, in Ambala Cantonment, stealing cash worth Rs 6 lakh on Monday evening.
After entering the bank, the robbers grappled with the guard and tried to snatch his gun. In the ensuing struggle, the guard was injured. Then, in two groups, the robbers pounced upon the cashier, who was counting the cash. They told him to hand over the money. But when he refused, they beat him up and snatched the cash worth Rs 6 lakh and escaped.
On receiving information, the DCP, ACP, Inspector (detective staff) and local SHO rushed to the spot.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'