Rock concert organised in memory of Bhopal gas tragedy victims
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
The Bhopal gas tragedy shook the nation when it occurred 28 years ago. On Friday, social welfare outfit Lokayat in association with the social club of the College of Engineering Pune (COEP) Janeev organised a rock concert titled, 'Rock for Justice in Bhopal' .
Paying tribute to the victims of the Bhopal Gas Tragedy, the concert saw two college-based bands perform at the main auditorium of the COEP. Alka Joshi, who works for Lokayat said, "Bands from SP College and HV Desai College performed 12 songs at the event."
About the concert, Joshi, said the songs were not just about the victims, but the manner in which the tragedy affected everyone. The 90-minute event also featured three video clips that showcased work done by the various human rights groups, and the chilling ground reality where availability of clean water is still a distant reality.
"Over 20,000 people died in one of the worst disasters in recent times. We want to keep the fire alive and ensure their fight for justice doesn't end," she added.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations