Rock show at Kankaria carnival this time
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
In a first, the Kankaria Carnival scheduled from December 25-31 will feature a rock show this time. The show will be performed by students of city schools, colleges and private institutes.
Chief Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the event and attend the finale.
The event was launched some years back after completion of the Kankaria lakefront, to celebrate former prime minister Atal Behari Vajpayee's birthday which falls on December 25. One of the two trains that run around the lake is called "Atal Express".
The rides that will be made open to the public for the first time during this carnival include aqua carting and segway along with target archery, mirror maze and butterfly park inside the lake premises. Other attractions at the carnival include children book festival, toy festival, children film festival, arms exhibition, bonsai tree exhibition, wall painting etc.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held