Rs 1 lakh bribe: City SP in two-day police remand
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
To find out whether Superintendent of Police (SP) Desh Raj Singh was to share the illegal gratification with any "senior" or other police officers, the CBI on Friday sought three-day police remand of the officer arrested on Thursday night. A special CBI court, however, granted two-day police custody.
As per available information, the name of an SP of Haryana cadre before whom one of the inquiries of Anokh Singh is pending has also surfaced. The CBI is also probing the alleged role of this SP.
Demanding police interrogation of the IPS officer, the CBI produced recorded conversation between Desh Raj and the complainant, Inspector Anokh Singh. As per the conversation, Desh Raj had promised Anokh Singh to help him in getting exonerated in the departmental inquiries.
According to the remand application moved by the CBI sleuths, Anokh Singh got a phone call from Desh Raj on October 5, 2012 saying that he wanted to meet the SHO at Desh Raj's residence.
Desh Raj allegedly demanded the bribe on October 5 assuring Anokh Singh to drop the departmental inquiries. "Desh Raj demanded the money saying that he was in need of money," reads the FIR. It has been alleged that Desh Raj demanded Rs 5 lakh. However, Anokh Singh said that he would not be able to arrange the amount. Subsequently, the "deal" was struck for Rs 2 lakh.
Desh Raj again called up Anokh Singh on October 12 for the bribe money. By then, Anokh Singh had sought "advice" from a CBI officer. Anokh Singh requested Desh Raj to grant him one week's time to pay the first instalment of Rs 1 lakh. A formal complaint was made by Anokh Singh to the CBI on October 15. Anokh Singh also produced a recorded conversation between him and Desh Raj over the telephone.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held