Rs 133-cr budget proposed for VS Hospital
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Ahmedabad:Mayor and chairman of the VS Hospital Board of Management Asit Vora presented a revised draft budget of Rs 133 crore for the VS General Hospital Thursday. While new facilities like spine endoscopy set, ventilator for post operative neuro surgery ward, heart lung machine, plasma sterliser and skin laser have been included in the budget, more than 71% of the total amount has been earmarked for establishment expenses. On the increased testing charges and other rates almost competing with rates of corporate hospitals, Vora said these charges were still 70% less than what was being charged by private hospitals.
M J Library budget: Membership fee hiked
Ahmedabad:The annual budget for the AMC-run M J Library presented Thursday with plans to spend Rs 8.88 crore holds promise of modernising library facilities but authorities are silent on the fate of missing books. MJ Library Management Board chairman and Mayor Asit Vora presented the budget giving details of proposals like reducing the grace period for returning due books from one month to a fortnight, jacking up of membership form price to Rs 10, increasing auditorium fees to Rs 2,500 and annual membership fee to Rs 200 and deposit to Rs 300 besides jacking up life membership fee to Rs 1,500.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet