Rs 2 lakh in cash, jewellery worth lakhs
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
A domestic help from Nepal is suspected to have made off with Rs 2 lakh in cash and gold and diamond jewellery worth lakhs from the house of iron trader Pardeep Gupta at posh colony Aggar Nagar, B block, on Monday night.
Gupta alleged two friends of his domestic help, Prem Bahadur, were also involved in the incident.
Gupta who went to Chandigarh on Monday evening returned late at night and saw his house ransacked and Bahadur missing.
Locks of the safe and almirahs were broken and cash and jewellery were missing. His neighbours told him that they had seen Bahadur along with his two accomplices in the house.
Inspector Mandeep Singh, SHO, Sarabha Nagar police station, said Gupta had employed Bahadur around two-and -a-half years ago. The police have launched a manhunt for him.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held