Rs 50 lakh govt funds embezzled in Mansa, sarpanch booked
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
The Mansa district administration on Sunday booked panchayat secretaries and sarpanch of Bhainibagha and Kahangarh villages for embezzling government funds worth around Rs 50 lakh.
"Bhainibagha sarpanch Mandeep Singh and panchayat secretaries Harbans Singh, Jagwinder Singh and Vijay Kumar embezzled government funds worth Rs 45.39 lakh. A probe has revealed that these funds were meant for the development of the village, but the sarpanch and other members used it for personal works. So, FIRs have been registered against them," said Mansa DC Amit Dhaka.
In another case, panchayat secretary of Kahangarh village, Dimple Kumar, had embezzled Rs 4.23 lakh, which was to be deposited in the government treasury. The contract of the village land as given at Rs 5.79 lakh and out of this, Rs 4.23 lakh was embezzled by Kumar, Dhaka said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held