Rs 7-cr assets seized from MP engineer
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
In the raids conducted at the premises of an executive engineer, the Lokayukta police on Tuesday seized cash and assets worth nearly Rs 7 crore. The Lokayukta team conducted raids at two of the three houses of Ujjain Development Authority executive engineer Hukumchand Patidar in Ujjain and Ghatia.
We have recovered assets worth about Rs 7 crore including Rs 1.75 lakh cash and jewellery worth Rs 19 lakh, Lokayukta's DSP O P Sagoriya said.
It was found out that Patidar owned a 150-bigha property in Zitarkhedi village. The DSP said the huge chunk of land owned by the 51-year-old engineer was not ancestral.
Sagoria said the assets owned by Patidar include: a clinic in Indore, a warehouse, a cold storage, six plots and two cars. The initial estimate of his property run in excess of Rs 7 crore and is disproportionate to the salary he earned.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM