RSS chief backs VHP's resolution for building Ram temple
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat today backed VHP's resolution for building a Ram temple in Ayodhya, saying its construction is like establishing the "Indian identity".
"I have said that construction of the temple is like a movement to establish the country's self identity. It is an identity of our country and we have to establish it," he said speaking to reporters at the Kumbh Mela here.
The VHP has demanded that a bill be introduced in the Monsoon Session of Parliament so that Ram Janambhoomi land could be handed over to the Shri Ram Janambhoomi Nyas for construction of the Ram temple.
It adopted a resolution at the central advisory committee meeting yesterday asking the government in this regard failing which the "Hindu samaj will be compelled to launch a massive agitation".
When asked to comment on Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde's Hindu terror remark, Bhagwat said Hindus don't indulge in violence.
"Violence and terrorism have never had a place in the RSS or the entire Sangh Parivar," said Bhagwat.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held