RTE rule will erode student discipline
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Huge, archaic buildings, gothic pillars and old-world charm defines St Mary's at Mazgaon. The school set up in 1864 with a handful of students as a catholic institution is easily one of the oldest in Mumbai.
The motto of the school is commitment to education and devotion in creating responsible citizens.
The school has given to society some great talent in art, music and theatre as well and continues to excel in every field.
The Jesuit institution focuses on all- round development of students by organizing many events and involving students to hone their skills.
It is an all-boys school that follows the ICSE curriculum. The principles and modules followed by school are in accordance with current changes in society and the way education can mould society and bring constructive changes.
According to the principal, "We look at education in regard to the whole of society and believe education and society are inter-related".
The school is a member of Catholic archdiocesan Board of education and has its own festival 'IMMACULATA' for which students from different schools are invited for exchange of ideas and creativity.
It conducts canteen days to collect funds. The school has been funding Tribal education in remote areas of Uplat, Talisari for a long time.
An excerpt of an interview with Fr Kenneth Misquitta who has directed the school towards its achievements and heights
Please enlist the USP of your school.
What events and activities mark a student's life?
We believe in holistic approach to education and all-round excellence in academics. We have created modules to ensure students develop their persona fully and excel in academics. Academics is the backbone of any education process and should not be neglected at any cost. Students need to prepare for future endeavours and hence proficiency in communication comes in handy. We put them through rigorous sessions in communication by involving them in numerous activities.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet