Ruckus in J&K House over Afzal execution
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
The ruling National Conference and the opposition Peoples Democratic Party on Friday sought adjournment of normal business in the Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly to discuss the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
Trouble erupted immediately after the House assembled with PDP member Syed Bashir drawing the Speaker's attention towards the adjournment motion filed by the party. He was followed by the CPM's M Y Tarigami, who said he too had filed an adjournment motion seeking a discussion of Afzal's hanging. Pointing out that he had received an adjournment motion from five NC members as well, Assembly Speaker Mubarak Gul sought time to go into the nitty-gritty of things before a decision. Disregarding the Speaker's request, PDP legislators along with another opposition MLA from the Valley, Engineer Abdul Rashid, trooped into the well of the House raising slogans against the state and demanding the return of Afzal Guru's body to his family.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'