Rupee down 15 paise against dollar
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
The rupee declined for fourth day in a row by losing 15 paise to Rs 55.36 per dollar in early trade today following sustained dollar demand from importers.
However, a higher opening in the equity markets and slightly weak dollar against the euro overseas amid continued foreign fund inflows limited the fall, dealers said. Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark Sensex rose 32.17 points, or 0.17 per cent, to 18,549.51.
The domestic unit had lost 9 paise to close at fresh two-and-a-half-month low of Rs 55.21 per dollar in the previous session on continued dollar demand from importers.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow