Rupee down 23 paise vs dollar, weak equities
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
The premium for the forward dollar declined further on persistent receipts by exporters.
The benchmark six-month forward dollar premium payable in July settled weak at 167-169 paise from 169-1/2-171/1-2 paise.
Far-forward contracts maturing in January also finished down at 330-332 from 335-337 paise.
The RBI fixed the reference rate for the US dollar at 54.0645 and for euro at 70.6105.
The rupee fell back against the pound sterling to 81.86 from Monday's close of 81.58 and also turned sharply negative against the Japanese yen to end at 58.83 from 57.44.
It, however, bounced back against the euro to 70.73 from last close of 71.47.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'