Rupee falls for 2nd day, loses 14 p to end at 54.46 on $ demand
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
- Spot-Fixing: Sreesanth reveals bookies lured India players with cars, women
- Jagan Reddy case: Accused Andhra ministers Sabitha, Dharmana Rao resign
The premium for the forward dollar moved down further on sustained receipts by exporters.
The benchmark six-month forward dollar premium payable in May declined to 166-1/2-168 paise from Wednesday's close of 168-1/2-170-1/2 paise.
Far-forward contracts maturing in November also softened to 314-316 paise from 316-318 paise.
The RBI has fixed the reference rate for the US dollar at 54.2320 and for euro at 70.9440.
The rupee eased further against the pound sterling to end at 87.77 from previous close of 87.69 and remained weak against the euro to 71.07 from 70.75.
It, however, improved further against the Japanese yen to 65.30 per 100 yen from overnight close of 65.59.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'