Rupee marginally up against US dollar
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
The rupee rose marginally up at 54.25 against the dollar in early trade today on the Interbank Foreign Exchange amid firm stocks markets.
The rupee had strengthened by a whopping 58 paise to close at over three-week high of 54.26 against the US dollar in the previous session on Friday.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark Sensex rrose by 68.45 points, or 0.35 per cent, to 19,408.35.
In global markets, the euro rose to a six-week high against the US dollar.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet