Rupee soars to over 3-month high, at 53.30 vs US dollar
- Anti-corruption unit will now monitor access to players: BCCI
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
The premium for the forward dollar fell back slightly on fresh stray recevings by exporters.
The benchmark six-month forward dollar premium payable in June ended down at 155-156-1/2 paise from Tuesday's close of 157-159 paise.
Far-forward contracts maturing in December finished a tad lower at 317-319 paise from 317-1/2-319-1/2 paise.
The RBI has fixed the reference rate for the US dollar at 53.5678 and for euro at 72.2340.
The rupee improved further against the pound sterling to 84.04 from previous close of 84.58 and also shot up against the Japanese yen to 58.41 per 100 yen from 59.48.
It, however, turned negative to close at 72.26 per euro from last close of 72.21.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet