Rupee up 16 paise Vs US dollar in early trade
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL spot-fixing case: Delhi Police to trace money trail in four cities
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians bowl, Sachin Tendulkar misses out
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
The rupee today strengthened by 16 paise to 54.25 against the dollar in early trade at the Interbank Foreign Exchange on fresh selling of the US currency by exporters, amid sustained foreign capital inflows.
Besides a higher opening in the domestic equity market also aided the local currency, forex dealers said.
The rupee had lost 13 paise to close at 54.41 against the dollar yesterday.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark index Sensex recovered by 35.67 points, or 0.18 per cent, to 19,681.88 in early trade today.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations