Rupee up 26 paise against US dollar in early trade
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
The rupee today gained 26 paise to 53.60 against the dollar in early trade at the Interbank Foreign Exchange on increased selling of the US currency by exporters.
Forex dealers said strengthening of euro against the dollar overseas and a higher opening in the equity market also supported the rupee.
The local currency had gained 23 paise to close at 53.86 yesterday on dollar selling as Economic Survey strengthened forex market's expectations of Union Budget taking fiscally prudent steps to attract foreign investors.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark index Sensex rose by 162.86 points, or 0.85 per cent, to 19,315.27 in early trade today.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'