Sabotage! Mumbai-Thiruvananthapuram Express runs over concrete slab
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
An express train today ran over a thick concrete slab placed across the railway track near here this morning without suffering any damage.
The loco pilot of the Mumbai-Thiruvananthapuram Express, which ran over the slab, informed police and railway authorities after stopping the train at the next station, police said.
The slab was placed across the track between Eravipuram and Mayyanad stations, about 8 km from here, they said adding it broke into pieces as the train ran over it.
Police have begun an investigation and said the possibility of a sabotage attempt could not be immediately ruled out as anti-social elements often gathered at the spot during the nights.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow