Sabotage! Mumbai-Thiruvananthapuram Express runs over concrete slab
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
An express train today ran over a thick concrete slab placed across the railway track near here this morning without suffering any damage.
The loco pilot of the Mumbai-Thiruvananthapuram Express, which ran over the slab, informed police and railway authorities after stopping the train at the next station, police said.
The slab was placed across the track between Eravipuram and Mayyanad stations, about 8 km from here, they said adding it broke into pieces as the train ran over it.
Police have begun an investigation and said the possibility of a sabotage attempt could not be immediately ruled out as anti-social elements often gathered at the spot during the nights.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet