Sachin Pilot’s uncle shot at
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Unidentified assailants shot at Ashok Kasana, uncle of Congress MP Sachin Pilot, at his farm in Nizampur village of Hapur district early on Tuesday. Officials said Ashok Kasana (50) suffered a gunshot wound in his stomach and is admitted to the Intensive Care Unit at Sarvodaya Hospital here.
Relatives said Kasana was sleeping in the outhouse of their farm when the incident took place between 2.30 am and 3 am. "He was sleeping in the outhouse when 3-4 people came, one of whom fired at him.
The rest of the family was sleeping inside. We ran out when we heard the commotion. We saw the assailants jump over the wall and escape. Since they were at a distance, I could not recognise them," said Ashok Kasana's son Anil.
Relatives said Kasana is the husband of Rajesh Pilot's sister.
Doctors at the Sarvodaya Hospital said Kasana's condition was stable but he would be kept in the ICU for a few days. "The bullet was lodged in his stomach. While no vital organs were hit, there was excessive bleeding. While his condition is stable, nothing conclusive can be said right now," a doctor said.
Police officials said the gun used in the shooting was a 9 mm pistol. "So far, we have not been able to identify the shooters. We are looking at the incident from various angles. One is personal enmity which the family members have denied. Kasana could also have resisted a robbery attempt. There has been a spate of cases of theft of cattle in the village recently, and this could be another such attempt. A case has been registered and further investigations are under way," an official said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet