Sachin Tendulkar worships at Lord Venkateswara temple
- BCCI says it can't control bookies, promises to 'fix' guilty players
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
Batsman Sachin Tendulkar traveled to the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateshwara near Tirupati late last night.
Tendulkar arrived on a 10-hour maiden pilgrimage on the hills at midnight and offered worship in the traditional manner. Wearing a white dhoti and shirt he took part in the 'Suprabhatha recitation seva' (a ritual), temple sources said.
Tendulkar was in the temple for about 20 minutes.After which, he was presented with 'laddu' prasadam, holy water and a sacred silk cloth by the temple management while the priests, chanting Vedic hymns, blessed him at the ancient Ranganayaka Mandapam inside the temple, they added.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet