Sachin Tendulkar, Zaheer Khan to play Ranji opener against Railways
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
Senior cricketers Sachin Tendulkar and Zaheer Khan were today included in the Mumbai squad to play against Railways in the Ranji Trophy league opener at the Wankhede Stadium here from November 2-5.
The team will be captained by Ajit Agarkar, a media release from Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) Joint Secretary, Nitin Dalal, said today.
Tendulkar will be playing for his home association after a gap of two seasons, having last represented Mumbai in the Ranji Trophy final against Uttar Pradesh at Hyderabad in January 2009.
Zaheer, meanwhile, played a couple of away games for Mumbai on his comeback trial to cricket after an injury lay-off last season .
Both Tendulkar and Zaheer are gearing themselves up for the home Test series against England with the opening match scheduled at Ahmedabad from November 15.
Mumbai squad: Ajit Agarkar (Captain), Sachin Tendulkar, Zaheer Khan, Ramesh Powar, Rohit Sharma, Ajinkya Rahane, Abhishek Nayar, Kaustubh Pawar, Dhaval Kulkarni, Ankit Chavan, Iqbal Abdullah, Aditya Tare, Akhil Herwadkar.
Coach: Sulakshan Kulkarni.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held