SAD candidate elected Ludhiana MC Mayor
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Shiromani Akali Dal nominee Harcharan Singh Golbaria was on Friday unanimously elected mayor of the Ludhiana Municipal Corporation.
Sunita Aggarwal and R D Sharma (both from BJP) were elected as senior deputy mayor and deputy mayor respectively.
The Opposition Congress party did not field candidates for any of the posts, an official spokesman said.
Golbaria and Aggarwal are four time councillors whereas Sharma was elected for the first time to the corporation.
A S Pannu, Divisional Commissioner, Patiala, administrated oath to all the newly elected 75 councillors of the LMC.
PWD Minister Sharnjit Singh Dhillon and Congress sitting MLA Rakesh Pandey congratulated the newly elected team and the councillors.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’