SAD candidate from ward 39 seeks re-poll
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Regular wickets keep Sunrisers Hyderabad in the hunt
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
SAD candidate Manpreet Singh Manna who contested from ward 39 against Congress candidate Sanjay Talwar, has demanded re-poll at booth number 9 and 10 three days after declaration of the results. Manna, on Wednesday, alleged that Talwar had 'extra' ballots made for his friends and relatives so that they could cast their votes in different wards.
Manna said that details of more than 100 fake votes was submitted to the returning officer Babita Kler on May 30, but no action was taken. Manna alleged that despite his repeated representations, the administration did not help him out and that he submitted a fresh application with DC Rahul Tiwari on Wednesday.
"Talwar's wife Meenu voted in ward 39, but her vote was also counted in other ward. The documentary proof has been submitted with the DC. Meenu's sister Vinki has been married for more than nine years and lives in Shastri Nagar, but she voted in ward 39 under the name Vinki Talwar and as Vinki Behal in Shastri Nagar. Talwar's brother-in-law Anil cast vote in ward 39 as Anil Kumar and in ward 48 as Anil Behal," Manna said, adding that Sanjay Talwar's first cousin Satish Kumar and his wife Komal Rani both cast their vote in wards 39 and 40.
DC Rahul Tewari said, "The results have been sent to the state election commission. The candidate can file an election petition for seeking re-poll. The district election office has no more role to play in this."
Manna (22) has no previous political experience and was chosen by SAD
President Sukhbir Singh Badal. He lost to Congress candidate Sanjay Talwar
by 186 votes.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow