SAD scams like daily soap operas: Jakhar
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Demanding an investigation by a sitting high court judge in the alleged misappropriation of funds by former minister Sucha Singh Langah, the Congress on Friday lashed out at the SAD-BJP government for misuse of public money and state power.
"The skeletons of corruption, misappropriation of public funds and misuse of state power for private good by Akali-BJP government during the present and previous regime are tumbling out like a daily soap opera," leader of Opposition in Punjab Assembly, Sunil Jakhar said.
Jakhar said that already three cabinet ministers of the Parkash Singh Badal-led government had to quit their posts due to corruption allegations this year and now "the way Langah pocketed discretionary funds and caused his colleagues to be part of this exercise speaks volume for corruption and cheapness that has inflicted Akali leadership".
"Langah abused his position to get re-allotted his cancelled plot by Gurdaspur Improvement Trust , which calls for investigation by a sitting high court judge," he said.
He also alleged gross irregularities in management and utilisation of centre funds to the tune of Rs 1,500 crore.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM