Saina Nehwal, Parupalli Kashyap, P V Sindhu reach 2nd round in Korea Open Premier Super Series
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
In the fist game, Saina led initially but Sapsiree clawed back and put the Indian on the backfoot. She then reeled off four straight points from 15-15 to lead 1-0.
But an unperturbed Saina stamped her authority in the second game and didn't give any chance to her rival, registering six points on the trot to create a huge gulf which Sapsiree could never bridge.
In the decider, Saina once again moved ahead 3-0 and enjoyed a narrow lead till 16-13. The Thai girl reeled off six points to make it 19-20, before Saina closed the issue in her favour.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’