Salma Hayek calls herself short and chubby
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
Mexican beauty Salma Hayek, who turned 46 last month, says it is a miracle that she still finds work in Hollywood despite being short, chubby and beyond forty.
Hayek has just finished work on Oliver Stone's film 'Savages' and she says luck played a big role in her career.
"The worst thing you can be in Hollywood is a woman and over 40. On top of that, I have an accent, am dyslexic, short and chubby. You name it I have it, but I am here. I must be the luckiest girl in the world to be working," Hayek told Harper's Bazaar magazine.
Hayek, who is married to French billionaire Francois Henri Pinault and has a daughter Valentina with him, says she loves her food too much to go for dieting.
"I am on the limit of chubbiness because I love my food and my wine. It's not the best for fashion, but it's good for my mood. I am happy because I eat. I am 46; I will not have Botox. You know why? Because I eat! I eat the fat, I eat the vegetables, I eat everything. If you exercise too much and you don't eat enough, it takes its toll on the skin.
"Everything starts ageing. If you don't eat carbs, you slow your metabolism down. And you know what? You look miserable. The truth is I just don't have the drive to be the prettiest and the thinnest. I can be happy for other people for their beauty. Learn to be happy for others and you can never run out of happiness."
The actress says she admires Madonna for being a role model for the older woman.
"Do I envy Madonna's body? Yes. Do I thank God that she has it? Yes! If you're fifty something and you look like Madonna, and you put a lifetime's work in the way you look, then flash it to the world!"
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow