Salman Khan 'Dabangg' fans go berserk in Kanpur
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Salman Khan's fans here went on the rampage after a rumour broke that the actor was in town to shoot his new film 'Dabangg 2', forcing police to resort to baton charge and arrest six persons.
The fans gathered around Bajaria police station here since afternoon hoping to catch a glimpse of the 46-year-old star, who plays a cop in the movie. But when told that the actor is not coming, they went berserk and vandalised the police station.
Police resorted to baton charge to control the crowd and arrested six people.
Salman's brother and the film's director Arbaaz Khan had apparently come here a few days ago for finalising details of location, which started the rumour that the 'Wanted' actor was in town.
"The crowd was standing there hoping that Salman Khan is coming. To control the crowd we had to restore to lathicharge. We have filed complaint against many," said ACP Bharat Singh.
It was reported that few scenes of the film were to be shot here but the crew cancelled the shoot due to security reasons and decided to opt for Lucknow.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet