Salman Khan inspires Soha Ali for her next 'Jo Bhi Karva Lo'
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
Superstar Salman Khan's eccentric character Chulbul Pandey from "Dabangg" has inspired actress Soha Ali Khan to play a rustic cop in her upcoming film "Jo Bhi Karva Lo".
Soha, 34, said she is a huge fan of the actor and took inspiration from him to portray her character of inspector Shanti Priya in the mad-cap comedy.
"I am excited about my role because for the first time I will be doing action along with comedy. My character is like Salman Khan's Chulbul Pandey and I have taken inspiration from him.
"I am a huge Salman fan and had a crush on him when I watched 'Maine Pyar Kiya'. Though I haven't shared screen space with him till now, he has always been very supportive to me," Soha said.
Directed by debutante Sameer Tiwari, the film also stars Paresh Rawal, Arshad Warsi and Jaaved Jaffery. It will go on floors this month.
To prepare for her character, Soha is taking some martial art lessons.
"I have enrolled myself for Kung Fu classes. My character demands a lot of action. It's not a tough task because I am a fitness freak. I do yoga and hit the gym regularly. But self-defence is something which is completely new to me.
"I don't have to prepare myself for comedy because it is something which cannot be taught. Comedies are all about timing," she added.
Known for portraying serious characters in films like "Rang De Basanti", "Khoya Khoya Chand" and "Soundtrack", Soha opted for the film because she wanted some change in her filmography.
"I always play those characters whose fiance is either died or going to die. All those are gloomy characters. I opted for this film because I was quite convinced with the way Sameer (director) narrated the script to me.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held