Salman Khurshid scam another feather in corruption hat: BJP
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
Senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha said the accusation against Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid pointed towards yet another case of corruption during the Congress-led UPA regime.
"It's another feather in the corruption hat. After 2G, coalgate, charges against former steel minister Virbhadra Singh, it's now Salman Khurshid scam, which has never happened in any regime in the past," Sinha said.
"Corruption has spread like an epidemic, lowering the image of India throughout the world," he claimed.
Both Khurshid and Virbhadra Singh have denied corruption allegations levelled against them.
The Law Minister is facing allegations of financial misappropriation and forgery in the Zakir Hussain Memorial Trust run by him and his wife Louise, while HPCC president Virbhadra Singh has been charged with receiving payoff from a private steel company.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'