Salsa contestants inspired IGT winner
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Sonali Majumdar and Maraju Sumath were declared the winners of India's Got Talent Season 4. A few years ago, Sumath who was not even aware of salsa impressed the judges with his excellent style and grace. He says, "I was learning Bollywood and hip-hop style of dancing. It is only after I saw a couple performing salsa on one of the seasons of India's Got Talent, that I decided to learn this dance form."
Keen to learn salsa, Sumath decided to train under the same choreographer who taught the couple on IGT. For a year, every weekend, he travelled from his home in Bhuwaneshwar to Kolkata, where the choreographer's Bivash Dance Academy was based. "After shuttling for my classes between two cities for a year, I finally took a break from studies and stayed in Kolkata for six months to learn the dance," says Sumath, who aims to compete at international competitions along with his partner Majumdar.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held