Samajwadi Party tells workers not to gatecrash private functions
Earlier, on November 15, it was the same story when SP's Maharashtra unit president Abu Asim Azmi visited Aligarh to attend the marriage ceremony of his relative. Sources said the entire SP unit reached the venue to welcome Azmi. Somehow, the situation was saved after Abu Asim left for another private function, but there too he was mobbed by local SP leaders and workers.
In the last week of December, Minority Affairs Minister Azam Khan reportedly had a somewhat similar experience when he visited Aligarh to attend the marriage the daughter of Khwaja Haleem. Azam Khan then left the venue for the inspection house.
"It happens in all districts as the local SP workers want to meet their leaders. We have received instructions from the party high command. Such scenes will not be repeated any more," Dr Rakshpal Singh, district president of SP in Aligarh.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow