Same old firms, including one blacklisted earlier, bag contracts for roads in western suburbs
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
For the asphalt roads contract, Prakash Engineering bid 16.68 per cent lower than the estimated price of Rs 88.22 crore. For the two concrete roads contracts, K R Constructions bid 18 per cent lower than the estimated price of Rs 134.20-crore while RPS Infraprojects bid 29.29 per cent lower than the estimated price of the Rs 143.59-crore contract.
The six bidders were companies long associated with the civic body for the past five years at least. The three other bidders were Relcon Infraprojects, Vitrag Construction Company and R K Madhani.
To woo bigger infrastructure companies, the civic body doubled its tender packages by 200 per cent from Rs 50 crore. The corporation also changed the tender provisions and Mayor Sunil Prabhu announced that a single-window body would be set up to speed up projects.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held