Samsung, Ford ahead of Nokia, Maruti in social media: Nielsen-McKinsey
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
Samsung mobile and Ford have emerged to be more popular than illustrious rivals like Nokia and Maruti Suzuki, respectively, on social media platforms in India, according to findings of NM Incite, a Nielsen-McKinsey company.
As per a study by NM Incite, Samsung mobile is on top of consumers' mind on various social media, including Facebook, Twitter and other on line sites, ahead of other brands as they discussed about the Android platform.
Interestingly, the Apple Inc's iPhone came at 61st position in the study, which stated: "As per parameters, one key criteria was fans and followers on official social media pages, and it was observed that the iPhone did not have an official page to accurately measure this number."
Ford India is ranked second in the overall list ahead of five other brands--Maruti Suzuki (3rd), Mahindra & Mahindra (6th), Volkswagen India (8th), Hyundai Motor India (11th) and BMW India (19th)--that figured in the top 20 position.
"Automotive's prominent showing is driven by large number of followers on social media platforms, lots of product reviews and consumers sharing photographs and tips related to their experiences," the survey said.
Ford India enjoys very high positive sentiment than other auto brands. Ford enjoys lot of positive response from consumers on social media, especially with reference to the company's after sale services.
The telecom sector overall also registered a strong presence in the list of top 20 brands creating positive buzz with popular names like LG Electronics (7th), Sony Ericsson (10th), Nokia (13th) and HTC (17th), the study said.
Telecom service provider Airtel was at 14th position, followed by Vodafone (15th) and Tata Docomo (16th).
Despite that the brand made it to the top 100 list, purely on the basis of conversation in other forums and blogs etc, it added.
The first ever Social Media Brand Equity Ranking (SMBER) index by NM Incite ranked Nike and Flipkart on number fourth and fifth respectively.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow