Sandhu elected as PWA president
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
Kawar Ajit Sandhu was unanimously elected as the president of Punjab Wrestling Association during the annual general meeting (AGM) of the body. The meeting was also attended by former president of PWA and Padam Shree Kartar Singh, IPS, DIG, Punjab and all the district heads of the federation. Sandhu's name was recommended by Singh and he was unanimously accepted by the house.
Harinder stars in Satluj Stunners' win
Panchkula : A fine century by Harinder Singh guided Satluj Stunners Cricket Academy to an easy 104-run win over St Soldier's Cricket Academy in a league match of the Second Shaheed Major Sandeep Sagar Memorial cricket tournament being played at DAV Senior Secondary School, Sector 11. Batting first, Satluj Stunners Academy posted a total of 279 for 8 in 25 overs. Harinder Singh hammered 140 runs while Simarjeet Singh played a fluent knock of 81 runs. For St Soldier's Academy, Vaibhav Sharma claimed three wickets for 39 runs. In reply, St Soldier's Cricket Academy were all out for 175 runs in 22.4 overs. Manan Chadha was the top scorer for the team with 39 runs while Vaibhav Sharma contributed 38 runs. For the winning team, Harshit Sharma claimed two wickets for 11 runs while Mandeep Bhardwaj also took two wickets for 20 runs.
Annual Athletics meet today
Chandigarh : The Millenium School will hold its Annual Athletics Meet at Sector 7 Sports Complex from today. The inauguration of the meet will take place at 10 am and it will be followed by the torch bearing ceremony. The meet will see students competing in disciplines like long jump, high jump, discus throw, sprint race, aerobics and shot put.
Vodafone XI sail into semis
Chandigarh : Vodafone XI scored a 15-run win over Competent Synergies by D/L method to storm into the final of the CII Corporate Cup on Sunday. Batting first, Vodafone XI posted a total of 135 for 4 in 16 overs. Sanjeev Gupta played a knock of 32 runs. Competent Synergies were set a target of 67 runs in nine overs due to fog. However, the team could manage a score of 52 for 5 in nine overs and lost the match by 15 runs.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow