Sania Mirza-Nuria Llagostera enter second round of Kremlin Cup
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, seeks SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
Sania Mirza and her Spanish partner Nuria Llagostera Vives entered the second round of Kremlin Cup after a hard-fought victory over Darya Kustova of Belarus and Ukraine's Olga Savchuk here today.
The third seeded Indo-Spanish pair beat its unseeded opponents 6-3 5-7 10-6 in a battle that lasted an hour and 27 minutes.
Sania and Nuria will take on the winner of the match between Abigail Spears and Raquel Kops-Jones and Kveta Peschke and Anna-Lena Groenefeld in the second round.
Sania and Nuria wasted as many as eight breakpoint opportunities out of 11, while the Belarusian-Ukrainian duo let go four of the six break chances.
There was little to differentiate between the two teams as both committed a number of unforced errors but Sania and Nuria managed to keep their nerves to walk away with the match.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'