Sania Mirza-Nuria Llagostera finish runners-up at China Open
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Regular wickets keep Sunrisers Hyderabad in the hunt
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
India's Sania Mirza today ended her 2012 season on a disappointing note after she and her partner Nuria Llagostera Vives suffered a straight-set loss in the summit clash of the China Open here.
The fifth seeded Indo-Spanish pair lost 5-7 5-7 to third seeded Russian pair of Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina in the finals of the USD 4,828,050 hard court event which lasted for one hour and 36 minutes.
Playing her fifth final of the season, Sania failed to cross the last hurdle once again as her opponents converted the chances that came their way.
Sania and Nuria saved seven of the 13 break points, while their rivals saved six of the 10 break points.
While returning, the Indo-Spanish pair converted four out of 10 break points, while Makarova and Vesnina made use of six chances out of the 13 that came their way.
Sania won two titles this season, one with Australian Anastasia Rodionova (in Pattaya) and one with American Bethanie Mattek-Sands (in Brussels).
She ended runners-up with Vesnina at Dubai and Indian Wells.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow