Sarpanch, husband booked for murder in Amritsar village
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
Sitting Akali Sarpanch of Manjh village, Surjeet Kaur, and her husband Baldev Singh — a former sarpanch of the same village — were among the four persons booked on Wednesday for the murder of one Ranjit Kaur.
Parkash Singh, also a resident of Manjh village, had shot dead his wife Ranjit Kaur by pumping five bullets into her body on Wednesday.
"Parkash Singh was involved in a domestic violence and divorce case with Ranjit Kaur. The victim was on her way to an Ajnala court in connection to a hearing when the accused shot her dead," Lopoke SHO Yadwinder Singh said.
The victim was a resident of Bhittewadh village, Amritsar (Rural) SSP Preetpaul Singh said.
A case of murder has been registered against Parkash Singh, Surjeet Kaur, Baldev Singh and two others.
Ranjit Kaur was on her way to the court with her five-year old son.
The accused took the son with him after killing Kaur, said police.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held