Sartaj shines in SDCC-32 victory
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
Sartaj architected the victory of SDCC-32 team over Chandigarh Police as he contributed 15 points in their 57-31 victory over the latter in the men's section on the second day of the Senior State basketball championship being played at New Public School, Sector 18.
Sartaj showed great agility on number of occasions and mesmerised the Chandigarh Police hoopsters with his skills as the SD-32 team took an unassailable 47-11 lead in the first half.
However, the Chandigarh Police outfit made remarkble recovery in the second half and just allowed the SD-32 team to add ten more points to the tally while they scored 20 points. Sabin contributed nine points for the losing team.
Meanwhile, CRPF defeated DAV Club, 69-45, in a highly entertaining encounter. Riding high on Balraj's 23 points, the CRPF team were ahead by 36-25 in the first half. Apart from Balraj, it was Ashfaq who scored 16 points for the winning team. Akshit and Gurjashandeep contributed 14 and 12 points respectively for the DAV Club.
In the women's section, GNPSC prevailed over PG GC-11 by 43-335 in a thilling encounter. The GNPSC team was leading by 26-14 in the first half. Amanjot top scored for the team with 13 points. Harpreet chipped in with 15 points for PG GC-11 but her effort was not enough to see the team through.
In another exciting encounter, GGSCW Club got the better of PGGCG- 11 by 55-37. The half time score was in GGSCW's favour as they were leading by 24-22. Harkiran was the main scorer for the team with 18 points.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held