Saurashtra set for clash of heavyweights
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
On Saturday, Keshubhai Patel held a mega convention for Saurashtra in Rajkot.
The Congress, which had flown in several of its leaders past week, is likely to intensify its campaign after announcements of candidates, probably on Monday.
"BJP will announce its first list on November 21 and 22," said party spokesperson I K Jadeja.
Zadaphia, who is GPP general secretary, said, "The party will hold a meeting on Sunday to decide candidates.
Senior state congress leaders are already in Delhi to decide the list in consultations with the high command.
The contest is triangular in 20 of the seats in the region where Leuva Patels hold sway.
Besides, Sadbhavna Manch recently floated by Kalsaria is also set to contest five seats in the coastal belt of Bhavnagar and Amreli districts.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet