SC asks trial court to expedite Babri case
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
The High Court had held that the CBI's revision petition challenging the May 4, 2001 order of the special court that directed dropping of criminal conspiracy charges against the accused was without merit.
According to the probe agency, the order passed by the High Court had resulted in serious miscarriage of justice and violated the principle of consolidated investigation and consolidated chargesheet.
There are two cases — one against Advani and others who were on a dais in Ayodhya in December 1992 when the Babri Masjid was demolished; the other case was against unknown 'kar sevaks' who were in and around the disputed structure. The first case is being tried in Rae Bareilly while the second one in Lucknow.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet