School buses to run only after verification; discotheques to be closed by 1 am
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Regular wickets keep Sunrisers Hyderabad in the hunt
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Faced with complaints of delay by police in providing help against the backdrop of the Delhi gangrape incident, the Union Home Secretary-led task force, which was set up to look into security aspects of women in Delhi, also reviewed helpline No 100 and directed that whenever a call is received, the nearest PCR vehicle must reach the spot.
It said every DTC and cluster bus must have a CCTV/webcam and every member of the crew of a public transport vehicle must have a photo identify card latest by March 1, duly verified by Delhi Police.
If this direction is not complied with, the Delhi Police will not allow these vehicles to ply.
"No school should hire any transport vehicle of any kind without the owner and the rest of the crew being verified by Delhi Police. Such order and the police verification thereof must be completed by February 1," the task force directed.
It also decided that all stand alone discotheques and all five-star discotheques must close down the music by 12.30 am and completely close down by 1 am.
On December 21, the government had ordered closure of all bar and pubs by 1 am in the capital as part of security measures in the wake of the Delhi gangrape on December 16.
The task force was constituted after huge public outrage following the gangrape. The task force, comprising officials from Central and Delhi governments, Delhi Police, municipal bodies, would meet every fortnight.
The meeting reviewed the status of different Helplines, PCR Vans, DTC/cluster bus service, working hours for discotheques and women help desks in Police Stations among other issues.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow