School faces action over appointment of principal ‘past retirement age’
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, seeks SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
Nana Kute Patil of Buland Chhawa, the NGO which filed the complaint, said, "Many non-state board schools are in the practice of appointing retired candidates at the post of principals. I had filed an RTI query on the same with 39 private non-state board schools. The very first information I got was from St Mary's school ICSE. I immediately reported the matter to the education department on December 26, 2012. The education department must immediately inspect other schools, too."
Misquitta claimed that several non-SSC schools have principals who are over 58, both in Maharastra and elsewhere.
"If this order is given only to me, there is likely to be some vested interest. I have been fortunate to have seen an unofficial copy of the order. At the bottom of it, a copy has been marked for Nana Kute Patil. Why has only he received a copy? How does he come into the picture of my appointment? I shall leave it to the management which has appointed me to seek legal recourse, if it wishes to," he said.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'