School to be named after Delhi gangrape victim
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
A primary school in the native village of the Delhi gangrape victim will be named after her as a mark of tribute to the braveheart.
Announcing this on Tuesday, village head said the decision was taken in accordance with the wishes of the village and girl's family members.
A meeting of the village panchayat will soon be convened to complete the related formalities, he said.
Girl's family have also demanded construction of a memorial for her, besides initiation of other development works in the village.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chiefís son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM