Schoolgirl hit by CTU bus, in PGI
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Regular wickets put Pune Warriors on top
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
- Afghan Prez to seek Indian military aid amid Pakistan row
In A tragic reminder of the Anupama Sarkar accident, a 14-year-old girl was hit by a CTU bus when she was on her way to school on Friday morning.
Pooja, a Class X student of Government High School, Sector 35, was riding her bicycle when she was hit by the bus around 8.15 am.
"Riding her bicycle somewhere between Attawa roundabout and Judicial Academy roundabout, Pooja was going to school. The CTU bus was going from Sector 42/43 roundabout towards ISBT, Sector 17, when it hit Pooja from the side. She lost her balance and fell down on the road, suffering serious head and arm injuries. She had a narrow escape," said a police source.
Pooja, a resident of Nehru Colony in Sector 52, was admitted to ICU at PGIMER and was said to be in a critical state. She had not gained consciousness since morning and was put on a ventilator.
The CTU bus driver, Shamsher Singh, was arrested and later released on bail. A case was registered.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet