Scrap vendor killed, 4 others injured in blast
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
A scrap vendor was killed and four others were injured in a blast which took place when he hit a brass object with a hammer in Dakshintola police station area of Mau district Monday evening.
Mau Superintendent of Police Jogendra Kumar said the forensic team is yet to collect the remains of the object which caused the explosion.
He said that they are probing if the object was some ammunition. The nearest army base is located in Gorakhpur district which is 100 kilometres away from Mau.
The SP said vendor Surender Gupta (40) had brought some objects to be sold at the shop of scrap dealer Prem Chandra Gupta at Tejupura locality. He was trying to take out the metal part from the the brass article by hitting it with a hammer.
Surender died on the spot while four others including a woman suffered injuries.
The condition of the woman was stated to be critical, the SP said.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations