- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
PVR Ltd, the leading entertainment company in India, launched its nine screen multiplex at Viman Nagar on September 14. With a capacity of 2081 seats and state-of-the-art technologies the multiplex will be offering an exceptional movie experience to moviegoers. With this launch in Pune, the PVR now has 48 screens and nine multiplexes in six key cities of Maharashtra including four in Mumbai and one each in Latur, Aurangabad, Nagpur and Nanded. "We're extremely delighted to launch our first multiplex in Pune. PVR's brand philosophy is completely in sync with what the city offers and therefore, we are confident to provide the best cinematic experience to the audience," said Mr. Pramad Arora, Group President, PVR Ltd.
Pune Marriott Hotel and Convention Centre, is hosting a Malaysian food festival till September 30 at their in-house restaurants Spice Kitchen and Shakahari. Executive Chef Subhash Sinha will be cooking Malay delicacies like Nasi Lemak, a coconut rice and peanut preparation often called their national dish; Gado Gado, tofu and mixed vegetables with a peanut sauce; and Otak-Otak, fish cakes wrapped in banana leaf. Shakahari will be serving pure vegetarian Malay fare, while Spice Kitchen will cater to meat eaters as well. The bar will also be serving a variety of Malaysian cocktails, some with hints of Lychee. The festival will be exclusively for dinner.
Alka Ladda and Sheela Keswani shared top honours at the fourth edition of LG Mallika-e -Kitchen Cooking Contest 2012 regional round finals held at Hotel Pride. The contest was judged by Sunit Sharma, Executive Chef Four Points by Sheraton and Amey Marathe, Executive Chef from Hard Rock Cafe. These two winners will now compete in the national round of Mallika-e-kitchen. A total of 12 contestants from Pune, Aurangabad, Kolhapur, Nagpur fought it out in the regional finals. Alka Ladda from Aurangabad who stood first, prepared Safola seeds Ragbhog while Sheela Keswani from Kolhapur prepared Italia Lasagna.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'